Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The seats in the bugeye are my favorite of the seats the factory put into spridgets. We took the race seat out of a racing bugeye and put in a seats with headrest from a rubber bumper midget, looked great but I think it was helped by the rollbar behind the headrest.
My MK2 had a set of 1500 seats in it when I got it, the headrest and the flatness of the seat back kept it from going back far enough for me to sit comfortably in the car.
I found a rusted out MK1 Midget with original seat pans, bought seat kits from AH Spares and restored them as Bugeye style seats.
They are very comfy, provide me with plenty of room and look really great IMHO.
Since these shots were taken the brown vinly has become black.
We've got one set of recovered, stock style, BE seats but no seats for the project BE (may have the metal somewhere). We've also got an AH3000, and my butt/lower back recollect that the Healey seats didn't provide a lot of support, and the fixed backrest angle didn't match my body, and that the BE seats were okay but nothing I would want to drive across the continent in, so figured I'd check here for advice regards workable alternatives.
Well there is always the Mazda Miata alternative. I put them in my '68 Sprite equipped with a rollbar. Certainly more comfortable and supportive than than the overstuffed uncomfortable Spridget seats I had in there. No it's not small and tiny like a stcok BE Seat but I appreciate the support in the corners and the fact that I'm sitting in the seat rather than perched atop an overstuffed cushion. More room in my '68 than with the stock seats and the best feature of all, speakers in the headrests.
Someone on this list now has put a set of Miata Seats in his BE. You need to get his opinion on this matter. I think as I recall he agrees with me.
I do have a BE front end on my '68 Sprite and frankly I'm pretty happy with the look of the Miata Seats in Bugsy. I built Bugsy to be fun to drive not just to look at. The choice is your's. Again YMMV.
Just did a search for 'Miata' and 'BE' in the forum (got back to Oct. 2006) but no luck; sent a couple of notes to members who had bugeyes and had participated, so we'll see!
I have a set of early, high back Corvette seats in my BE, only because they were "gimme's" and the original seats were pretty far gone (still have them to redo though 'cause I do like the originals)...another non-original alternative that would fit well IMHO would be a set out of a 914 Porsche! Here's how the 'Vette seats look sticking up out of a BE
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.