• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP Meatloaf

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Indeed - just read this. Haden't listened to him a lot in many years but he was a huge part of the summer of 1978 - which was a pretty awesome summer!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
They don't make them like that any more.

Will we remember the music names that are around today in 40 years?

David

Country flag
Maybe, but for at least some it could be for their behavior or appearance rather than their artistic talent.

Been a rough last few weeks for celebrities, seems like someone is in the news for having died every day. I see Louie Anderson passed today as well.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I grew up in a very non-musical family (not even a radio in the house, just one in the garage which my dad used solely for listening to basketball games while working) but when my mother splurged on a car with a STEREO cassette player (gasp!) at age 50 in 1982, she invested heavily in cassettes -- including Bat Out of heck, which shocked the bats out of everyone in the family.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" was literally one of the first pop songs I ever recall hearing. Imagine being a preteen and riding in the car, with your mother listening to THAT.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
He was a tremendous talent with a huge voice. I'll, for one, will miss him.

OP

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
AND in one of the worst timed E-mails... One Friday, right about the same time Meat Loaf's death was announced Weber sent out a recipe for (oh reality is better than fiction) you guessed! BBQ Meatloaf! OUCH!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
AND in one of the worst timed E-mails... One Friday, right about the same time Meat Loaf's death was announced Weber sent out a recipe for (oh reality is better than fiction) you guessed! BBQ Meatloaf! OUCH!
Oh my ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I imagine that Meatloaf would have gotten a kick out of that.