Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Does anyone know how or if it is possible to lower the ride height on a rubber bumper Midget? If I install the front and rear springs from a chrome bumper Midget will I get the same height as a chrome bumper Midget?
Yes it is possible and easy. I put in a pair of 1275 springs on the front - straight swap and I had the rears de-arched about an inch, cost me $60 at a spring shop. There are spacers on the front of the rear spring hangers that you can reinsert or not - I left mine in because I'm a big guy and didn't want the car to sit too low.
I converted mine to chrome bumpers which means less weight
What about just doing the spacers under the spring plate? That's quick and easy and the parts can be had a hardware store. Maybe not the "best" solution but I dropped my '63's front a good 1.5" or so must by putting 1/2" spacers in there. I did it because I concluded that the PO had installed springs from VB which were all the same length (at the time) and they were the ones for RB Midget, something like 29" free length, I remember earlier cars had different springs, slightly shorter and likely different rate. My car looked like it was engineless, now it's almost too low, but looks a heck of a lot better. There's a thread here somewhere on it.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.