Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Im beginning the rebuild of a TR3A engine. Right off the bat I have parts issues. The springs that go between the rockers have broken and I need new ones but cant seem to find a source for them. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I looked too. They do appear to be hard to find. That could be a good thing. Joe Alexander sells solid (Delrin, I think) spacers to replace those. $32.00/set. They are said to work better. I don't know, but they are working just fine in my TR3.
Another option is to send the entire rocker shaft assembly off to
Rocker Arm Specialist
19841 Hirsch Court
Anderson, CA 96007
Tel (530) 378-1075
(800)747-2767
fax (530) 378-1177
mailto:rocker@c-zone.net https://www.rockerarms.com/index.htm
When they did mine, the charge was pretty close to what I was going to pay for just the parts required, and it came back with everything looking like new, except the pedestals and end caps (which were nicely cleaned but still showed the scars of 50+ years of service and countless R&R cycles).
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.