• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR6 Rear suspension TR6

saltshaker

Member
Offline
My 75 TR6 seems to be weak in rear suspension. Do I replace the springs first, go with a tube shock conversion, or both??
 
Can you define "weak"? Weak as in squats under accelerator, or weak as in bounces/doesn't control body motion well?

The stock springs do allow squat under acceleration, so that's normal. Can be addressed through uprated springs at the price of a bouncier ride (in my experience).

Might just need the stocks topped off, or replaced. I'd highly recommend Peter and team at NOS Import in WI, replacing the shocks with a good pair of his might just work wonders.

I'll let others weigh in on tube shocks, but you need to consider the way the load on the car will be changed and how you'll reinforce that area.
 
Just so you will know.

frame.jpg
 
tdskip said:
Can you define "weak"? Weak as in squats under accelerator, or weak as in bounces/doesn't control body motion well?

The stock springs do allow squat under acceleration, so that's normal. Can be addressed through uprated springs at the price of a bouncier ride (in my experience).

Might just need the stocks topped off, or replaced. I'd highly recommend Peter and team at NOS Import in WI, replacing the shocks with a good pair of his might just work wonders.

I'll let others weigh in on tube shocks, but you need to consider the way the load on the car will be changed and how you'll reinforce that area.
Weak in the rear seems to bounce in excess. I'm considering just to replace springs. Shocks seems to be rarther expensive.
 
I'll have to check the fluid. This is a new car to me. Just put on tires and starting the tweeking to my liking.

Thanks for the help.
 
Well welcome aboard, keep us posted as you start digging into her. Don't be shy about asking questions, lots of questions, as we've all been there starting a new car in the face.
 
Back
Top