Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Does anyone know if the rear fender wheel well on a 1961 tr3 had a thin pad under the vinyl or if the vinyl is glued right to the metal of the wheel well?
Does anyone know if the rear fender wheel well on a 1961 tr3 had a thin pad under the vinyl or if the vinyl is glued right to the metal of the wheel well?
As I recall I used an old baby blanket with good results. I also trimmed the excess material along the piping/seams (quite a bit on mine) to make that piping line less lumpy.
Fabric stores sell cotton batting that is identical to the original too. The original was very thin, like 1/4". A supply came in my interior set from Moss.
Yea I am fitting this thing; it just does not want to fit. The kit I got from Moss for a 58 fit better. I am going to take it outside tomorrow and see if the heat will help get some of stiffness out. I like the baby blanket idea Geo. I bought some foam and it is the wrong stuff, but I think my main problem is the vinyl too stiff and perhaps sown tight on the radius.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.