• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Radiator drain

Snigolet

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello all,

New member here...

I'm working to get my 57 TR3 back on the road after sitting for 23 years. Last night I went to drain the radiator (in car) and remove the drain petcock which was stuck, so I could clean and restore it. It twisted off but instead of unscrewing, it brought with it what looks like about a 3/4" soldered fitting. Did I just ruin my radiator?

I'd post a pic but cant figure out how to do that... so second question is how can I attach an image. I click on the "insert image" icon and it asks for a url rather than a file name.

Thanks for any insight.

GC

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
After 23 years you should have a RAD shop check it any way and they can fix drain too. The last thing you want is to get it running and then overheat it on your first test run. As for the pic. I have not been able to do that either. BCF support will help you. Madflyer

OP
S

Snigolet

Freshman Member
Country flag
Got it figured out. It's a simple soldered fitting. A little flux, solder and heat and I think it's fixed. Going to do a pressure test next.