• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Off Topic Personal update/ Where is Frank?

Frank Canale

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I have been absent for an active posting on my project. I decided to take a break from the joining of the front and rear of my TR3A tub. I discovered a method that I thought would get the fuel tank fabrication started. Several years ago RJCOX's dad sent me a rusted out fuel tank to use for a pattern. I wanted to build a stainless fuel tank. I have been working on that and have the end panels, baffels, bungs, and the outter skin (still in the flat) all formed up. The shop where I work is finally coming to an end. I started at this small shop while in high school. I worked there for 13 years before moving to other employment. I have stayed in contact with the owner over the years. 5 years ago I got the opportunity to go back to my roots as a fabricator but the owners health declined forcing him to close the shop 2 years ago. I decided to take what I thought would be a 1 year semi retirement to help my good friend clean out the shop, personal projects, sell tools and equipment. Well 1 year has turned into 2 years but I have enjoyed this time. A large local fabricator came to the owner and asked about hiring me. This was done out of an old school respect for my good friend. The new employer was looking for someone to train to run their CNC press brake as well as a TIG / MIG welder. I have always been comfortable with all the manual fabrication equipment but I am in the deep end of the pool learning the new technology. My project is on a temporary hold as far as the fabrication side goes. I need to do some organization in my shop as I have had to move a lot of stuff from the old shop. I will keep you posted with project progress as well as how the new Job is going. Thank you all for your continued support, Frank

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks for the update...I was getting worried! I hear ya' about the new CNC equipment. I can sit down with a book and drudge through P code...but it seems like the younger guys just "get it" much faster than I can.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Pleased you'll keep us up on what you're doing, Frank. "Press on regardless!" (y)