Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have used Payen gaskets twice. The first time was when I did a quick valve job so I could finish out the driving season. I just replaced the head and torqued it down and went on my way. I never retorqued it and it sealed perfectly.
The second time was when I did my engine build. This time I did retorque it. I now have 9.8:1 cr and the gasket again is doing its job as expected.
I did not use sealant and think any sealant would only decrease the performance of these gaskets.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.