Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
if you have a military ID card you could go to the west ruislip base,or Lakenheath or the navy building near the embassy in London and use the FPO. That's what I did.
I've done this a bunch of times. I think you have the choice of paying VAT (17.5%) and collecting in the UK or paying shipping to the US, VAT exempt.
In general the folks I've dealt this (Rimmer, Moss, Owen Lloyd) must charge VAT if the goods are shipped within the UK. An APO might be exempt from VAT, not sure; interesting idea that. I've never tried to claim the VAT back at the airport for MG parts, but I have done this for high-end handbags bought for SWMBO. The retailer needs to participate in the scheme and you need to present the goods at the VAT desk at the airport. After fees, you get about 10% back.
I carried a full set of interior panels for my Spit back from London; they checked/scanned them by hand and I had to pick them up at the "irregular items" desk. No damage at all and no questions asked. I took packing tape and bubble wrap in my luggage on my way over. I was travelling first class, so that may have helped. Although I was probably still within the coach weight limit.
I'm moving to Europe for an international assignment in a few months; I get a shipping container for my stuff, which I'm planning to FILL with parts on my return, subject to the 1500lb limit The airfreight alone on the container is $4500.
I sure would like to get some of those shiny, bright, forged, redesigned, 9:1 pistons for my 3.4L Jag. How big is your suitcase? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.