• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newbie who could do with some advice please

Adamski

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have a 1959 frogeye that is in need of a engine rebuild / replacement and welding to floor sills and at least one arch.

I believe I have found a decent body shop to do the welding ( dies anyone have any ideas what I should expect to pay ?) ,but in regards to the engine I think I should forget the currently fitted 948 and go for a 1275 engine.

I am working to a budget and wanted to know if anyone knows where I can find a fair priced 1275 engine and parts for my rebuild in the Gloucestershire area.

Any advice suggestions or tips would really be appreciated

thanks in advance

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome and glad to have you here. Great car and great questions. Most of us are in North America but increasingly there is a strong UK contingent. Not sure if you are a member of a club there (landed as opposed to virtual) but they can be great sources for information about reputable (and affordable) shops. Why do you think your engine needs rebuilding and similarly, why a 1275. It is a more powerful engine but if all you are doing is going for Sunday drives on B roads a 948 is more than enough fun. Can I suggest that you repost your question in the Spridget forum and I am sure there will be much advice! cheers.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
First, welcome to the forum.

Your plan for a 1275 "transplant" is quite reasonable, I would think one could be found locally without too much difficulty.