• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newbie in the house.

Xianobeck

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everyone - My name is Christian and I am a lifelong gearhead. I've been trying to get a classic car for the past few years and I will soon be the owner of a 1977 MGB w/overdrive. I've been very blessed in that my uncle is giving it to me. The car hasn't been used in several years and could be categorized as a "barn find". It needs some work getting it back on the road but I have been told that the bones are very good with it having a good motor and a rust free body. It was in an accident years ago and has dented front driver and rear driver fenders.

I should be going out to the Pittsburgh area from my home in South Jersey sometime in March to pick it up. I hope to gain useful information from this forum and maybe make some acquaintances as well in the Philadelphia area.

I do have a question though for those members in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area. I have searched but have not been able to find a shop to work on old cars such as ours for the issues that may be above my head. Does anybody local know of any?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Christian - welcome to the forum. My first "Little British Car" was an MGB - but w/o overdrive. You're a lucky guy.

While waiting for ideas from a BCF member in the Phila. area, you might want to contact a few PA/NJ car clubs for their shop suggestions.

Scroll down to the Pennsylvania section.

Good to have you with us!
Tom M.