• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Newbie from Wisconsin

drax

Freshman Member
Country flag
Good Morning all, Thanks for allowing me to be here. I've worked on many imports over the years from Triumph to MG and the TR6 & 7's. I've also worked on Coopers and TVR's, mostly all body restoration. I usually farm out my engine work but there are less and less guys out there that really know these older drivelines. I am currently working on a 1976 MG Midget that has an interesting history. The restoration was started over 20 years ago as a father / son project. The father had passed away before the car was finished and then sat for a long period of time while the son was pursuing a career in Ministry and raising a family. He later fell ill and I was asked to finish the car while he still had time left on this Earth. I was able to get the car put back together and running well enough for him to have a ride before he passed away. Now I face the daunting task of getting the car running and driving better for the family to enjoy. It burns oil, looses oil pressure after driving short distances and some other issues that I am looking for answers on. I hope I'm in the right place here and look forward to picking your brains for solutions. Thanks in advance and glad to be here.

Attachments

• MG.JPG
    MG.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 34

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
glad to have you here and yes, interesting history for sure, glad you could make it happen for the son.

Come on over to the Spridget forum and there are many folk with answers.

cheers

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Drax

Welcome to the forum.

Great that you could get it running well enough for him to get to drive it.

The Spridget section should be able to help with your engine issues. Sounds like it needs an overhaul. Rings and bearings at least but that should not bee that big a job.

David