• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Zaino ZFX is awesome!

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
For all you guys using Zaino products..just wanted to let you know..I used the newest ZFX product..

This is the way to go.

I highly recommend you consider it..

I'll probably use it twice a year..

The harder shell shine..is why I say this..

I did clay bar the car before applying..I basically just mixed z7 wash with water in a spray bottle..

Sprayed the car..ran the little clay bar over the car..in all of about 5 minutes...washed the car one more time before applying..

the zfx Z2 mixture..

Voila..

The best shine I've seen on my car so far.

Take it for what its worth my friends.

Zfx may cost an extra 1.50 per application..but the money is well spent..(again..just my opinion)

Happy holidays!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
JB, if this latest is similar quality to Sal's other products, it has to be a winner. I've not tried it yet, but definitely plan to!
Basil
cheers.gif

J

Jagdreamer

I had a neighbor once who had a black 1990 Corvette Coupe that he used Zaino on. My gawd! He had about 20 coats of the stuff on his car (apparently is doesn't "build up" like regular waxes do.) The more he used the better it looked. It looked like you could reach into his paint and pull out a handful of black. If I had a car that was worth something,
nopity.gif
I definitely would use Zaino, but alas, my Spitfire beater just isn't worth the $$$. Someday, when I get my comcours EType..THEN, I'll definitely buy some!

JD
thirsty.gif

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Jagdreamer ]</p>

A

aerog

I'm still not convinced
smile.gif

I did some serious testing of the stuff on my daily driver (paint like brand-new), did the whole strip-clay-strip again routine, Zaino, etc. When I did it I did a door with Mequire's 3-step crystal system (whatever they call it), Paint cleaner, polish, then used the Hi-Tech yellow wax. This car is a deep red, and after 10 coats of Zaino and two careful waxings I couldn't see any visual difference.

On the MG (almost candy-apple red, paint like glass) I did the same thing and ended up doing the back of the car with Meguires and the hood with Zaino. Again, couldn't tell any differences.

Strangely enough I happened to Zaino my front windows on my daily driver. I really don't know why I did it but I did. Well, the water in Florida isn't exactly good, in fact it's downright disgusting. Wash your car and don't hand-dry it and you'll have a massive block of white crystals. Yuck... the Zaino-ed windows, however, always stay crystal clear, while the rear ones spot horribly.

Go figure.

One last thing - I firmly believe the Zaino will outlast the conventional materials on a daily-driver. In the sun, on a dark car (black/red) some waxes will tend to melt and separate giving a pretty lousy looking surface. On top of that, waxes can streak because of the oils they use, then evaporate in time. Waxes won't "layer", Zaino will - and because of it's pure optical qualities it should, in theory, give a perfect deep finish compared to the relatively consistantly thin coatings waxes leave.

The final question is what application are you putting this stuff in? My MG has never been rained on since I bought it, and it stays locked away inside - and covered. I prep and wax (re-zaino if necessary) before a show, and usually do a quick detail job, including waxing sometimes, at the show after I'm parked. Yeah, sure it looks great all the time, but with effort. My Daily-Driver looks good as long as it's clean with the Zaino on it.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jagdreamer:
I had a neighbor once who had a black 1990 Corvette Coupe that he used Zaino on. My gawd! He had about 20 coats of the stuff on his car (apparently is doesn't "build up" like regular waxes do.) The more he used the better it looked. It looked like you could reach into his paint and pull out a handful of black. If I had a car that was worth something,
nopity.gif
I definitely would use Zaino, but alas, my Spitfire beater just isn't worth the $$$. Someday, when I get my comcours EType..THEN, I'll definitely buy some!

JD
thirsty.gif

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Jagdreamer ]
<hr></blockquote>

A

aerog

If you don't have a distributor nearby that you can go to direct you have to go straight to Sal Zaino. Check out https://www.zainobros.com - he only accepts orders via mail with a check. He usually ships your order out the day he gets the check.

It's not cheap stuff at all, but you get decent quality stuff - even if you're not totally convinced that it's the "best", it works just as good as anything else I've ever used. Incindentally, if you order any of his products be sure to read his instructions & tips carefully. It's important that the car is completely clean and all traces of wax/polish is removed before you start using Zaino.

Oh yeah - if you order any, be real sure to order at least two bottles of the spray (Z16) detailing spray. It is outstanding.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steve:
Where can I buy these Zaino products? I have not seen or heard of them before.

Thanks

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Steve ]
<hr></blockquote>

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: aerog ]</p>