Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just fell into possesion of a nice pair of weber 42 DCOE 8's from the 60's with intakes. I would like suggestions for accelerator linkage on my TR4. They have 34 mm chokes and were set up for a mild street upgrade.
Thanks
They are canon intakes and there is a provision to mount threaded rods into the top. However since I posted this inquiry I have been told about several linkage kits from Sytec ( LP3000 & LP4000 ) and also some from Weber. The trick is to tie them in to the original rods. The quest continues.
OK, I have the Canon manifolds as well. The threaded holes in the top are for "rose" joints, that support a cross-rod that mounts the arms. One of the manifolds may have hole tapped in the bottom, there is a bracket that mounts there for a bell crank. I made up a bracket for a cable linkage, instead. You can see some of it in this thread: Here
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif
I have pretty much the same thing with the rod, also on a Canon manifold. I used the original linkage and the original bellcrank mounts to the rod at the front.
I have a NOS set of Cannon 809 manifolds and a complete new linkage set still sealed. They also have instructions and a diagram of the linkage that I can scan if you need them.
I'm on the fence about using DCOEs or staying with SUs and I'd kind of like to sell the manifold and linkage. But if I already had the DCOEs I'd install them.
Thanks, I would love to see a set in instructions. I am trying to figure out the best and easiest to maintain linkage set up. My 42 dcoe's are in great shape and I can't wait to try them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.