Offline
Just finished replacing my failing water pump with the combination pump/pulley from VB. Thank you Randall for all the advice!
Some sources (not VB) say to run the engine without coolant for a minute, to "break in" the pump. Some say to spin the pump with a drill before assembly. Some don't mention a break-in at all.
So do we or don't we? Why - or why not?
I haven't added the new coolant yet.
Thanks.
Tom
PS - I've got a brand new pump to housing gasket (VB #1-694) and housing to block gasket (VB #1-697) I don't need. Free to first request for postage only.
Some sources (not VB) say to run the engine without coolant for a minute, to "break in" the pump. Some say to spin the pump with a drill before assembly. Some don't mention a break-in at all.
So do we or don't we? Why - or why not?
I haven't added the new coolant yet.
Thanks.
Tom
PS - I've got a brand new pump to housing gasket (VB #1-694) and housing to block gasket (VB #1-697) I don't need. Free to first request for postage only.
Hey Guest!

