• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New TR6 Member

SteveLedger

Freshman Member
Country flag
Great to be here! Just acquired a 1976 TR6 from my brother-in-law last August (was previously my father in law's) and have been working on it ever since. The car sat neglected for 15 years in the garage and was a complete mess. I took the project on and fell in love again with working on cars. I've had many cars over the years, but my favorites were the ones I could actually work on! Examples are 1970 Challenger, 1973 Midget and 1974 260Z.

So far I've rebuilt the suspension, brakes all around, new interior, electronic ignition, clutch, exhaust and rebuilt carbs from Poolboy. Car is now running very well and I'm shopping around now for a new paintjob before the warm weather starts. I'm driving it now in the cold and enjoying the heck out of it (and the looks I get).

Last edited:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Steve - welcome to BCF. Sorry it took so long for you to get a reply to your first post.

I started my "downhill slide" with a 1955 Jaguar. Now I'm the caretaker of a 1957 Morris Minor Traveler. The young folks I work with don't have a clue about how old cars and engines work. One guy in his 20s asked to drive my 1959 TR3. I told him to take it slow, as it has a clutch and doesn't have power brakes.

His reply: What are those?

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard, Steve! You'll find all the help you need in our Triumph forum, so be sure to pop in there also and say hi!