• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Multi-Brit owner

w8less

Freshman Member
Country flag
My name is Glenn and I'm a Britaholic. I'm currently the owner of a '54 Triumph TR2, a '61 Lotus Super 7, a '69 Lotus Elan and a '70 Lotus Europa s2 (Gordini). My home is in the Hudson Valley of NY and have a 3-car garage with 6 cars in it! Since these are small cars I actually have room to do winter projects in heated comfort and in driving season can keep them all out of the weather as well. I'm new to forums in general so......:unsure:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hi Glen, welcome to BCF! You have a cool collection! I came very close to buying a Europa on two different occasions. Always was one of my favorites.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome, Glenn! Good to see another Lotus aficionado sign up here! Maybe we can liven up the marque-specific Lotus sub-forum.

Is your Elan a late S-3 or an S-4?

OP
W

w8less

Freshman Member
Country flag
My Elan is an unrestored s4 dhc in “Lotus Yellow”. I’ve kept it mechanically sound but have done very little to it’s appearance. It is a good “50 feet with a beer” look.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No problem with that! As long as you can enjoy it, who cares. Both of mine are in storage, in need of frame-off going thru due to Pennsylvania winter salted roads. Used the S-3 DHC as my daily for over a decade.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I had an Elan - S1-1/2.
Are you going to be attending the meet in Waynesboro,VA in October?