• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Phoenix area

Daimlerhemi

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello from hot Arizona. I joined hoping to find more Daimler Majestic Major owners in this group but from my initial search I couldn't find any. I own a 1968 DR450 limo, registration UGF172F. Mine is the 8th from the last true Daimler ever built. I also owned a 1963 DR450, registration BPR562B, but I pulled the big block hemi from that and sold the limo. The Turner Big block hemi (4.5L) was the claim to fame for these 120+ MPH funeral cars. The 4.5L was rated at 220HP for one simple reason, Daimler's dyno maximum rating was 220 hp. True HP is unknown although with the 3.77 LSD Salisbury it will not break tracking in this heavy limo. Gearbox is a BW DG-250. Other goodies are Twin HD8 SU carbs, dual exhaust, and 4 wheel disc brakes. My daughter helped me with cropping my engine photo. Doug
final[2305843009246727960].JPG
Engine Hemi.png

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Doug

Welcome to the forum

That is a Big LBC you have there. How hard is it to find parts for it?

Post some interior photos.

David

OP
D

Daimlerhemi

Freshman Member
Country flag
David,
parts are almost impossible except for the Lucas parts. Even with that the dual point distributor is fairly unique so I don't go to Autozone for a cap and rotor. Dunlop brake pads fit old Jag saloons. Brake rotors are unique and I needed one so I had to have one made. These interior photos are fresh off the press. I actually had to go take a few shots since I didn't seem to have taken any once the car was completed. Doug
dash.jpg
back seat.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Doug! I know we have other Daimler owners here, but not sure about your model. As it happens, I used to have a Daimler Special Sport (1950). Ever see one of these?

Daimlerss-0171.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
The interior looks very nicely done. Did you do the work or have it done? I bought a trim kit for my TR3A but even with the kit I found trim work challenging.
Looks like you did the engine as well. What shape was the car in when it came into your life?

David

OP
D

Daimlerhemi

Freshman Member
Country flag
David,
Except for the seat stitching I did the entire interior myself. All the work is challenging on this since it was basically a hand made car. That's code for "things don't fit perfectly". Two days ago I received the proper flocked door seals from England and installed them. Three doors fit well. I will be working on the fourth today. Always something.

I purchased the car from ebay and trailered it back from Canada, filling a uhaul box truck. A disassembly was started in 1999 by a former owner but never progressed. Most of the parts were in boxes and the car hauler was frame and shell only. Doug

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Very impressive interior work.

The TR3s are a bit like that in there was always some fitting required even when new.

A lot of projects end up like that. I read somewhere that 75% of restoration projects get sold as parts kits for someone else to finish.

David