• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Canada

Darrent1963

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi all, great to be here and part of this group. I'm the current owner of a 1968 TR250 and although I only recently purchased it I've had a Triumph in the past (1974 TR6). that car and i parted ways many years ago when the needs of a growing family outweighed the needs to own a sports car. However, I always intended to buy another one when circumstances permitted. So this spring I was browsing through auto-trader looking for another TR6 when I came across a Valencia Blue 68 TR250, originally a car out of Georgia but then re-located in St. Catherine's) Ontario. I'd always loved the body work of the TR4 but wasn't familiar with the story behind the one year TR250 (TR5). I was intrigued and after a couple of weeks of going back to the listing, I contacted the seller and arranged to fly cross country and have a look and a drive. I was smitten the moment I saw it in person and a month later it was in my garage!

Had a great summer here and put quite a few miles on and attended a few shows put on by our local British car club. Sadly, our season ended this past week with the arrival of snow, freezing rain and plunging temperatures. Can't wait for April.

TR250 pic.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome - that's a NICE 250!! You will find we have a LOT of members from Canada here! Be sure to jump into the Triumph forum here.

OP
Darrent1963

Darrent1963

Freshman Member
Country flag
Welcome - that's a NICE 250!! You will find we have a LOT of members from Canada here! Be sure to jump into the Triumph forum here.
Thanks! Love the car, just having a few carb issues right now, stumbled on this forum doing research. Looking forward to taking advantage of the resources, in fact I already found a link to a great carburetor article.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great car and welcome - looks like a lovely car! Sad you won't have curves or hills to try it on in Saskatchewan. :ROFLMAO: (and yes I know that isn't true)

:cheers:

Last edited: