• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Kid on the block

thebear54

Freshman Member
Hello All....
I just recently joined this little band of GB car lovers.
Right now I don't own any Brit cars but have had a long list of ownership in the past. AH BugEyes, AH Sprites, AH 3000, Sunbeam Alpines and a newer Rootes/Sunbeam Alpine Coupe. I've been through it all with driving,repairs and cursing but I still love the buggers.
My main collection today consists of Dutch DAF cars and DAF mini trucks. I still have not found an older Cooper I can afford.
Greetings and regards to all
John

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Do you have a picture you could attach to a post of the DAF? Never heard of it, nor seen one.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome....You don't by any chance have one of the convertibles, do ya?

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome...I second the need for pics

OP
T

thebear54

Freshman Member
Hello All...
Thank You all for the welcome to this forum site.
All DAF cars and trucks were CVT drive. They never made anything else. Great little cars and a blast to drive. DAF never made any official convertibles but I have a few friends in Holland who have "chopped" the tops.
If anyone is interested(I am the Director of the DAF Club of America) you can check out our two websites:
https://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/daf/ and https://dafclubofamerica.blogspot.com
All the photos and tech details are there on the cars and CVT transmissions
Regards
John

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ah, I was thinking NSU!

OP
T

thebear54

Freshman Member
Actually in 1975 that upstart Swedish company Volvo bought DAF and in 1976 they marketed the DAF 66 as a Volvo 66. The Volvo 340 and 360 models were actually designed by DAF in 1972 and was supposed to be the new DAF 77(which never happened). They finally managed to completly destroy the DAF cars in 1980 when all production basically stopped using the CVT.There were still a few made until 1991 but nothing serious,Volvo did not like the CVT.
John