• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Floors

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
So, I've taken the old floors out of my '68 MGB GT & am replacing them...think I'll just run some 3M sealer around the lips & pop rivet them down & then build the cage....anybody see any problems doing that?

Break out the welder, Tony! At least that or some Fusor adhesive. Those floors are:
1. Stressed panels helping with the structural integrety of the car/chassis/suspension/flexibility.
2. What holds "you" in the car. Major safety consideration - probably more than the cage.
3. Very structural in an accident or wreck. See #2.
4. You might not even pass a safety inspection with the floor only "riveted on". Especially in vintage racing. See #2 and #3.
5. Alot of the guy's your competing against are watching your every move with this car.... Do it right... Don't give them anything to file a complaint about. See #'s 2,3 and 4.
At minimum, at least "fusor" them in. But I'd go with Welding them!!!!!!!

Me too. That one threw me off enough tom edit my answer 4-5 times. I've never even tried to race competetively (yet) in anything but R/C cars, but riveted floors sounds really scary to me.

D

Deleted member 3577

I know a guy whose car hasn't been tech-ed for a decade..NOT KIDDING.

He just hands them his logbook & helmet and they stamp it and give him a sticker.

You could duct tape that cage in and have more protection than a F500.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
So, anybody got one of those fusor guns I can use?