• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mystery car!

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I'm 82.7% sure it's a Talbot per my post above.

I'm agreeing with you. The right-hand drive, the wing supports, front suspension, and the emblem sure look like Talbot. Still can't find any other examples of those bonnet ports on a Talbot however.

I'm thinking 1934 Talbot AV105 or Alpine.

Thanks!
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
That was a neat video. Never would have guessed it was a boattail from your original picture.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Great video Tom!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'm thinking 1934 Talbot AV105 or Alpine.
Close, but I did some more sleuthing and have determined that it is a 1933 Talbot London 90 AV. It is entered in the same rally for 2021 per the event's web site. Doing a search for Talbot 90 AV turned up more pictures of the same car. Driver: Ralf Klaus. Co-driver: Hans Georg Ahrens.

Talbot-London-90-AV-Baujahr-1933.jpg

Talbot-London-90-AV-1933-1200x800-42c94e8678ee7016.jpg

9694-499-talbot-london-av-90-1933@2x.jpg

Last edited:
OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Basil - excellentissimo! Thanks for finding all that. I'll send it to my friend in Austria, who was actually at the 2018 rally.
Thank you!
Tom M.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Talbot. One of the great prewar names, now gone. The Lago Talbot from the late 1930's grille was the inspiration for the XK 120. That grille was ruined in the XK 140, but the 140 was a much better car in every way especially in the MC version. Drove both of them several times back in the day but never could pull the trigger and buy one. Glad I didn't in retrospect.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Pretty sure it's a Talbot. There are several in the VSCC in the U.K. I recognised it right away, being an ancient Brit.