• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Memphis Bell

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Here's a pic I lost but just found of "Lil Critter"! I Flew it when civilian owned by Philco, now in a British museum fully restored to it's original military dress. Be nice for it to come back to the US someday. PJ

By the way, I have permission from Mr. Fishwick, photographer and copyright owner to use and display this photo. I would love to see it in the real again, being a slight attachment there. :smile:

Lil Critter from the Moon.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Here's what it looked like when we had it and before Hollywood got it and cut a big hole in the side for cameras. :rolleyes2:

B25-N7614C.jpg
Outside display for airshow.
N7614C at Duxford UK.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Glad to see it restored and displayed!

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Late to seeing this because no home internet - but that was an hour well spent to watch. I got to take a 30 min. ride in the Liberty Belle in 2008 and there was absolutely nothing that could compare to that. Seeing how proper a job they did on the Memphis makes me happy. I know they can't risk flying it because the loss would be irreplacable - would have loved to see an engine run-up though.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Airplane restoration is a completely different ballgame. Where we measure our car projects in terms of man hours by the hundreds, with an aircraft project, it's well into the thousands, and multiply that by double if it is to be an airworthy restoration. The TBM Avenger I had a chance to work on took an estimated 20,000 man hours to restore to airworthy, and the Avenger is a single engine plane. I can't imagine the complexity of restoring a four engined bird.