• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
I was editing a post last Thurs. and lost connection and ability to reconnect on my customary computer. Same result on 2 browsers Figured you had a problem.
Am now on computer at public library and all is well. No problems on any other web sites on my home computer. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Try clearing your cookies on your browsers at home. If you are still having problems after that, email me at
bcfadmin :at: britishcarforum.com and tell me what your home IP address is so I can check if you somehow got put into our firewall (but if you can reach the site at all, then that's not the issue).

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Bob, I went back and found your IP from previous posts and indeed your IP was blocked. It appears that the word "having" in the title of some post you must have accessed was causing a problem and triggering a security rule (I don't full understand what it is about the word "having" this triggers the rule but it does. If you were or are accessing a topic that has the word "having" in the title, and that word gets put in the address bar of the browser, it triggers that security rule. If you hit that rule 5 times, your IP gets blocked. When you get home and go to the site, DO NOT use some saved link... instead start fresh and just go to www.britishcarforum.com. If you know of a thread that has the word "having" in then title, let me know because that is probably the issue.

OP
B

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
Thanks. I logged in incognito, entered sign in creds, and got right on. Cleared several weeks cache and all is working.
Bob

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks. I logged in incognito, entered sign in creds, and got right on. Cleared several weeks cache and all is working.
Bob
Great! Just for future reference, if you ever run into a situation where you get an error for some reason, stop what you are doing that gives the error and let me know.

Thanks

OP
B

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
Will do. Lack of BCF destroyed my entire social life for a week. But my wife and doctor say I'm socially withdrawn anyhow, so I'm not sure whether destruction of my social life was or was not important.
Bob