• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Kintail Classics

iamacrae

Freshman Member
Greetings from the Highlands of Scotland,
I am currently running a 1989 Mini Thirty, a 1956 86" Land Rover, a 1981 Series 3 Land Rover, and a 1964 Austin Healey Mk III. I am also restoring an 1830's property which requires never-ending amounts of maintenance. Currently unemployed due to the downturn in oilfield exploration I am in the limbo that is being too old to get work but too young to take my pension! It's a good job I've got plenty to keep me occupied!
"An old dog" looking to learn a few "new tricks"!!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Greeting to a Crae!

How'd you first get interested in older British cars? My first was a 1955 Jaguar; wish I hadn't sold it to pay for college (back when college cost $25 per credit!).

I'm restoring a small 1730 farm, and like you, the maintenance is endless (but fascinating).

Good to have you with us. Welcome to BCF!
Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Iamacrae

Welcome to the forum.

You have a range of LBC on hand to work on. I wanted a Land Rover when I was living in the UK but it never happened. I got a TR2 instead.

Post some photos of the collection.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome sounds like great projects and you live in a gorgeous part of the world - we were there a few years ago and drove from Edinburgh - Inverness - Isle of Skye - Applecross - Wick - John O'Groats - Dunnet Head and back to Edinburgh in a ridiculously short period of time - but man was it beautiful!!

In other news my kids grew up going to Camp Kintail on the shore of Lake Huron here in Ontario.

would love to see pictures!