• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Intro

MAC43

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm a new member from Portland, OR. I graduated Hi School in 62. In 64 I was working at the Alcoa plant in Vancouver, WA. I bought a 1960 Austin Healey 3000. Going to work one night a gentleman turned left without signaling as I was passing. Total! The insurance company bought me another one. 3 months later I was driving home at midnight, after it had rained. I was looking down for the little ash tray, doing about 50 on a 2 lane country road. I looked up and on a gradual turn was heading off the road to the left. I jerked the wheel to the right and started to spin through a young apple orchard. I hit the 1st tree broadside. Cut it off and rolled over the second landing on the third. Dented every panel on the aluminum body. Took 3 months to get the parts from England. I loved that car and had many other adventures in it.
The only thing I didn't like about that car was the plastic side curtains. I'm thinking of getting one w/ roll up windows.
One night I raced a friend from Portland to Vancouver on a new freeway at about 1 in the morning. His dad had just bought him a new Stingray. We flew over the Interstate Bridge at 100. I flipped on the overdrive switch. The rear end sat down and that was the last time I saw him that night.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm a new member from Portland, OR. I graduated Hi School in 62. In 64 I was working at the Alcoa plant in Vancouver, WA. I bought a 1960 Austin Healey 3000. Going to work one night a gentleman turned left without signaling as I was passing. Total! The insurance company bought me another one. 3 months later I was driving home at midnight, after it had rained. I was looking down for the little ash tray, doing about 50 on a 2 lane country road. I looked up and on a gradual turn was heading off the road to the left. I jerked the wheel to the right and started to spin through a young apple orchard. I hit the 1st tree broadside. Cut it off and rolled over the second landing on the third. Dented every panel on the aluminum body. Took 3 months to get the parts from England. I loved that car and had many other adventures in it.
The only thing I didn't like about that car was the plastic side curtains. I'm thinking of getting one w/ roll up windows.
One night I raced a friend from Portland to Vancouver on a new freeway at about 1 in the morning. His dad had just bought him a new Stingray. We flew over the Interstate Bridge at 100. I flipped on the overdrive switch. The rear end sat down and that was the last time I saw him that night.
:arms: Yaaay, drive it like you stole it,,

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the BCF! Glad you survived your youth to join us! So you have an AH today? Got pictures?