Tinkerman
Darth Vader
Offline
Afternoon all.I'm trying to get the vacuum advance line installed in my post 60000 3A. The one that came off had a male fitting on the carb end and a female fitting on the distributor end. I get the male end threaded into the carb body only about 3/4 of the way and it stops not to budge any further. That wouldn't bother me except for the fact that the line is still loose. Don't figure that's a good sign. I looked at it with a mirror but could see nothing wrong. The carb bodies went to Joe Curto for new shafts and I rebuilt them from that point. To be honest I never looked at that part of the front carb. Didn't even give it a thought. I do know that the line is clear and the carb body is clear.
So my question is what's wrong? Bad fitting? Bad threads in the carb body? Wrong application? Wrong Line? Time to take the carbs off for a proper inspection?
Your thoughts very much appreciated.
Tinkerman
So my question is what's wrong? Bad fitting? Bad threads in the carb body? Wrong application? Wrong Line? Time to take the carbs off for a proper inspection?
Your thoughts very much appreciated.
Tinkerman
Hey Guest!

