Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have a couple of the original metal ones,all really beat-up. The problem is that they stick closed very badly and people often needed pliers (or a hammer if it was handy) to open them up. Several of my cars back in the 60's and 70's had them and I was glad when they had the plastic caps.
BillM
I agree with Bill, Jack. This is one place where plastic is an improvement. I have five cars all running plastic which means that somewhere in my vast unorganized parts supply I must have some metal ones. I'll keep my eyes open but really have no idea where to look.
I have a load of parts for my BE Sprite project... never paid attention to what I have for M/C metal cap, next time I'm in the parts shed I will take a look for ya, mine will not be as original as your's, if I have one it's yours.
Jack. Get me an address and I'll send you one tomorrow. It ain't NOS but it's better than what you have. It's off a spare car so if you can't use it or you find a better one send it back. I'm not crazy about the plastic ones either.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.