Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I've got my water pump off my '74 Midget right now, and I'm noting how well it goes if I just give the front piece a spin. It's not bad, doesn't make any noise, but it's not like it keeps spinning for a few seconds either like some nice bearing'ed device.
I was playing with the pump on Bugsy II last night. After sitting for last 33 years pump was very easy to turn. Didn't have any resistance to speak of. In fact put a wrench of the crankshaft nut and gave it a couple of turns to discover engine turned over easy and the most noise came fro dizzy going round. Bugsy II came with a good 948 and receipts say a rebuilt tranny that never has been run. Going to be available as I have a 1275 and a 5 speed to go in.
+1 for more-or-less free with drag from the seals. I would not expect it to continue spinning without a fan attached to act as a flywheel. While it is off, examine it for evidence of leakage from the weep hole.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.