• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How rewarding can this be?

NW_SpriteGuy

A few of you know that I'm working on my first ground up spridget restoration with my daughter. The deal is, it's going to be her car, but she has to help restore it, and I want her to learn about the car in the process. She has been very dependable at coming home once a week and spending an evening with me in the garage working on her car. Well I've got to tell ya, last night was very special. We drilled out some spot welds, removed a section of body rot, cut out a patch panel replacement piece, and tack welded it in back in last night. After I tack welded a couple spots on the patch, I turned to her and handed her the welding helmet, the gloves, and the welder and told her it was all hers. You would not have believed the look on her face. Fear, shock, anxiety, etc. However, she took on the challenge and spent the next hour and a half figuring out how to make plug welds. She actually did quite well for never having held a welder in her hands during her life time. By the end of the evening, she was all smiles and very proud of her accomplishment. And, at the young age of 24, couldn't wait to get home to share her new experience with her sister and boyfriend. I would have never thought it would be a spridget rebuild that would unite us again and bring that smile back... that smile I remember from years past, when she was my little girl and everything about life was new and exciting. Now that's rewarding!
smile.gif

-Don

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Don:

You're absolutely correct! I have had some similar (and priceless) moments. Fifteen years later, my oldest daughter still mentions this sort of thing to me, so I guess it builds some good, long-term family memories (and I have to admit, I still remember similar moments with my Dad).

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Right on, Don! Had many on those moments with my daughter when she was 14 & 15 & we were restoring her Karmann Ghia (which, at age 31, she still has)....your daughter will keep that car forever & have wonderful memories of you after you're gone!!

G

Tony, I told Jen we might look at Adams clutch tommorrow and she already knows exactly what is involved. Said to use the Mity VAc cause her leg might not be up to pumoing the pedal 10000 times

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'll have mine ready....

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chuck Cougill:
.... Said to use the Mity VAc cause her leg might not be up to pumoing the pedal 10000 times<hr></blockquote>

Ever try to squeeze a MityVac 10000 times?
devilgrin.gif

PC.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
PC..."10,000 times" is teenager talk for "I did it more than I wanted."..you know, kinda like "But, dad, EEEEVERYBODY else is allowed to gooooo!"