Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The last time I pulled my engine on my 66 sprite when I replaced the bonnet the back of it is about 3/4 of an inch lower than it was or should be. I've fiddled with it and concluded i have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. Any ideas?
On each hinge there are 4 bolts. Two that are "forward" and two that are "rear"
If you put washers between the hinge and the hood on the "rear" holes you will raise the rear of the hood.
If you put washers between the hinge and the hood on the "forward" holes you will lower the rear of the hood
BillM
OK so I'm thinking there were probably two washers on the rear bolts and none on the front and then I put one on each bolt when I put it back together.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.