• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Honked & Parked Next to Ford built in England???

G

That's Right, Folks!

Last Thursday or Friday, I was on my way to the Grocery store and I saw this Cute little Yellow Hot Rod at an Intersection I was Passing through. I Honk and went on down the Road.

Low & Behold... once I Exited my Car in the Parking Lot... this Yellow Hot Rod parks Near me. I just had to Say Hello! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

I ask the Guy what he Had there & that I had never seen anything like it-- He told me what it was, but I have already forgotten??? Age...

Anyway, it was Stout Ford & Stuffed with a Huge V8... with a Plaque that said, "Made in England". He said there were only 600+ of them built-- a rare bird indeed, Neato!

Anybody know what the name of this Ford is along with a Pic?

Cheers!
Mike

Was it an Anglia?
anglia4901.JPG

piman

Darth Vader
Re: Honked & Parked Next to Ford built in England?

hello Kenny,

some were Anglias but more commonly Populars.

Alec

OP
G

Yes! That's the One! Bravo!!!

What is the Story on this Beast?

Thanks!
Mike

OP
G

Can you believe that I met a Owner of one in North Atlanta, in Woodstock, Georgia?

I Can't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Really-- a Sweet Ride.. Not much on Room though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

Hot rods based on these are quite common actually, there are probably more gasser versions than ones in original condition (at least over here)

Here is a nice Thames Pickup street rod here in Calgary, just recently finished

255269795_29ec1fd539.jpg

And speaking about lack of room... When this one was street rodded, the owner extended the cab to make it bigger instead of the original (very cramped) interior

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

You know I been thinking, that's what Tony needs as a parts truck for postal runs and such. Weeee, go Tony.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

That would definitely make a great parts truck for Tony...

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
You know I been thinking, that's what Tony needs as a parts truck for postal runs and such. Weeee, go Tony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like "Tony" isn't getting to the post office fast enough for some folks.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif