• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from South Australia

Adelaide

Freshman Member
Country flag
My name is Jock and I live in Adelaide in South Australia.

I have a 1953 Austin Healey BN1 that I bought as three trailer loads of parts in 1990 and rebuilt over 12 years, putting it on the road in 2002.

I also have a 1969 Lotus Elan Plus 2 that I bought in 1995 to drive while I was rebuilding the Healey. I liked it so much I still have it and have made a number of upgrades over the years.

My garage also contains a 1950 Excelsior Roadmaster 197 cc motor bike that I bought as one trailer load of parts in about 1969. I restored it and rode it to work until about 1977 when I put it in my garage where it stayed until 2012 when I did a refresher restoration on it and got it mobile once again.

My new found interest in motor bikes led me to buy a 1954 BSA Golden Flash 650cc in 2013. This was in good running order when I bought it and only needed some tidying up.

I have a deep interest in British classic sports cars and bikes and look forward to participating in the forum.

Cheers Jock

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jock - welcome to BCF. That's quite a history of "from parts to perfect" you've got. Envy you!

My first interest was XK120 - but something called "budget" prevented that. Did manage to keep my interest going, at least for the last 50 years.

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Happy to have you and your Healey aboard! If you havent already done so, be sure to check out the Austin Healey forum here - it's very active.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Hello... to such a beautiful city. Welcome.
Loved my visit there (except that sign on one beach "beware of snakes"). 😬