• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

He's pickled the onions and smashed the eggs, under the table!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
β€œThere is too much butter on..those..trays”

β€œNo no, not β€˜on those trays’…Uno, Dos, Tres!”

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Is HAMPSTER!!"

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
"Did you know the female Gibbon gestates for seven months?"

"Sybil I forbid you to open that safe"
"Sybil I forbid you to take that case out"
"Sybil do not open that case, I forbid it."

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
You can’t see the sea

yes you can it’s over there between the land and the sky.
"Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?"

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
"If you're not over here in 20 minutes with my door, I shall come over there and insert a large garden gnome in you!"

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
O'Reily: "...I'm telling you, if the good Lord..."
Fawlty: "is mentioned once more I shall move you closer to him!"

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
"Crazy, she go crazy. Crazy. I say to her, you try to see in girl's room, and she go crazy! I tell her you go to see girl in room, you crazy about this girl, ok. Ok, so...you go and try to look at her and Mrs Fawlty she go crazy!"

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
β€œOh yes, how is the old toenail? Still growing in, hmm? Still burrowing its way down to the bone? Still macheteing its way through the nerve, eh? β€œ

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
"Fire!" "ffffffire!"
(In an interview with Andrew Sachs (Manuel), he said that during filming this scene he received pretty serious burns on one of his arms from the chemicals they used to produce the smoke coming off his jacket).

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My mother's absolute favorite scene from anything ever was Basil giving his car a darn good thrashing.

Oh and how could I possibly have forgotten my favorite...
"Have a nice day, dear... [sotto voce] don't drive over any mines or anything!"

Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My mother's absolute favorite scene from anything ever was Basil giving his car a darn good thrashing.

Oh and how could I possibly have forgotten my favorite...
"Have a nice day, dear... [sotto voce] don't drive over any mines or anything!"
To Manuel: "Oh please, please, try to understand before one of us dies!