• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Help Me!!!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I recently had this shared by a friend, and think it does make sense. I don't know if it will catch on, but it is worth trying, and watching for. If someone shows their hand flat, folds in the thumb, and then wraps the thumb in the four fingers, they are saying they are suffering from abuse...please get help. I may have missed it early if it was already shared, but thought if it had not been, it should be.

Country flag
Wish I'd known that years ago, used to work with lady who it turned out was abused by her husband, might have caught it and been able to help. And not felt guilty when I found that being casual friends contributed to it.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I had no idea.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Have you heard of secret word. It is used like this. I'm in trouble and can't talk, Just say the word. Your mom said to pick you up from school, Ask for the word. Anytime things are not right say the word or question some one you do not know before you get in a car. It was before cell phones but in todays world even more important. MF

Country flag
Thanks I haas no idea such a thing existed. Abuse is a horrible part of our society....

Country flag
Myself, if I have trouble getting along with someone, I just avoid them. Don't understand one person physically or emotionally hurting another. Particularly when it is your partner who optimally you're supposed to support and be the biggest cheerleader for.