• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Haracan

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
I was in Northern VA, Tyson's corner, about to turn off Hwy 123 when I heard a loud rump rump rip rip. A white Lamborghini Haracan (Montana plates) sped into one of the turn lanes. We ended up side by side. On green, I beat him through the intersection, but he weaved through traffic with ease and a bit of speed. As I turned left into my daughter's condo, he was on the right at a day care. I asked the gate keepers if they recognized the car. They said that it picks up a child 3-4 days a week.
We didn't have one of those when I was growing up!

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Reminds me of driving in Pittsburgh a few years ago - on the grand prix weekend. I heard a rumble from behind, and sure enough there was a late model Lamborghini. Green. We drove a few blocks (with stop signs at every intersection), and thought to myself "boy that seems awfully loud for just one car!

And, indeed, there was a much older Lamborghini following the first. I thought the first one was short; the second was shorter still - completely hidden behind the green car!

I pulled over, rolled down all the windows and let them pass. Yum.

(I'm not nuanced in Lamborghini models, the modern one was 2000's, the older one was 1970's, blue - I don't know if it was a Mura.)

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That Montana license plate scam really irritates me.It's just a way of
avoiding taxes/license fees in your own state.It's also illegal.
There's was a Hurracan convertible here in Roanoke.The guy drove
like an idiot,flooring it on city streets.
These cars,to me,are just stuff to talk about.I'd never want to own one,
as you can't drive it as it was intended,without losing your license.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You just pay $39 a year (If I remember right) & register your
vehicle in Montana as an LLC.No taxes.I see a LOT of vehicles on
BringaTrailer registered this way.
It is totally dishonest,& can get you a hefty fine,IF you get caught.
My feeling is that,if someone does this,what else are they dishonest about,
& if you can afford an expensive car,you can afford the taxes/registration.