• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Had Fun at the Parts Store Today

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There's a kid (around 19) that drives a dark blue rb MGB.
I've seen him driving it around at various times,& even going
by our house.I also met his dad at the local Cars & Coffee a
couple of years ago.Anyway,he works at the Advance Auto Parts -
store closest to our house.
I'd never met him before.I needed something for the GT,
so I thought I'd go there.As he waited on me,I told him that I
needed a part for a car he'd never heard of.When I said that it
was for a '67 MGB GT,he did that "step back" thing,& got a little
excited.
There IS still hope for young people.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Nice!!! I always have a much better appreciation for parts store people when they seem somewhat interested in what I am working on instead of the usual "up sale" items that their manager makes them push to folks. Hardest part for me most of the time though is remembering what type of car had the part I need on it, since none of it originated on a Sprite most of the time:thirsty:(shamelessly uses old BCF smiley)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Nice indeed, I saw a dark blue MG behind us on the highway on the way to see our daughter. Didn't see the driver. Just leaving church and passed a dark blue original Mini driven by a young woman. Likely her car as the tag read SIZE 0. It was nice to see not just a young person but a young woman with a classic car.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I hang out sometimes with a group of mostly younger people for car cruises (I'm much older), they have less money to spend on their hobby and many of them drive beater classics, some cars you might hardly call classic cars... 1970's cars seem to be a big theme, mostly American iron though...

One of the younger guys has a 1965 Chrysler 300 4-door and a 1966 Rover 2000TC, the Rover belonged to a friend of his who died and was given to him by the family (the Rover is a keeper for him), a photo of course...

Rover 01.jpg

One of the guys is from China, drives a fairly beat up 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider (loves it!), and also recently purchased a 1983 Pontiac full-size car, just to do the complete opposite...

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My late bro-in-law had one of those Rovers. Great concept but no end of trouble. He traded it for a Mercedes after two years.

Last edited by a moderator:

daughterofgirl

Freshman Member
Country flag
I hang out sometimes with a group of mostly younger people for car cruises (I'm much older), they have less money to spend on their hobby and many of them drive beater classics, some cars you might hardly call classic cars... 1970's cars seem to be a big theme, mostly American iron though...

One of the younger guys has a 1965 Chrysler 300 4-door and a 1966 Rover 2000TC, the Rover belonged to a friend of his who died and was given to him by the family (the Rover is a keeper for him), a photo of course...

View attachment 69670

One of the guys is from China bought Collins barber chair, drives a fairly beat up 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider (loves it!), and also recently purchased a 1983 Pontiac full-size car, just to do the complete opposite...
I'm young, perhaps, like those guys you are talking about, and I understand their love for such old cars, but to be honest, I don't really like to lie under the car and repair it for hours. I would probably buy an old car as a second car because it is very stylish, but you need to spend more time on them than on yourself.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
You lay under them too long and family will find you sleeping. Oh, such sweet silence.