• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Guess that chassis... Round 2

swift6

Yoda
This belongs to a car going through a full restoration at the same local brit car shop.

This one should be easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P8240052.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Almost looks like an MG T-series.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Almost looks like an MG T-series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost?? I'd say most likely a TD. Look through this link. If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see a picture of the chassis from the same angle. Looks the same to me.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
if it were mine... I'd be sitting on that bare chassis making driving sounds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Looks like a 52 TD. TD's were 1949 to 1953. 1954 & 1955 were the TF model.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Almost?? I'd say most likely a TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, being the first post, I didn't want to sound too authoritative....hehehehe

OP
swift6

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a 52 TD. TD's were 1949 to 1953. 1954 & 1955 were the TF model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could very well be then. I don't think I heard the exact year on this one or the Herald.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Definatly a TD or TF. could be either. almost everything there in the picture was shared between the two

R6MGS

Yoda
Just looking at that makes me want to attack the TC and get it together....at least to that stage, thats where the fun starts....I am almost finished with the motor itself, all thats left it to paint it and then get it back together...Then front end, rear end...and frame!....Then send the body out to paint and reassemble!.....Sounds alot easier than it really is doesn't it?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Soon as Jerri's Bug comes out of the body shop, the '53 TD goes in for body stripping & paint!

R6MGS

Yoda
I figure I've got about 5 years left to go on it....But this is no regular restoration...I polish and clear coat(duplicolor wheel coating)almost every nut, bolt, and washer...Even those that nobody will ever see....I recently polshed the baffles inside the oil pan! I guess I just want to know that everything is done 100%, no expense spared.