Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
David. I was afraid you would say that. The loom allows for numerous ground leads, many just aren't long enough to reach good fasteners. That isn't an excuse, I'll splice in and do as you suggest. I know it's the best advice.
The thumb nuts are fine with a little prep. I cleaned the back of the dash where the bracket sits with little Emory cloth and cleaned the bracket on a wheel to clean it up and I haven’t had an issue. I thought about splicing in too but decided to try it this way and it’s been trouble free for 6 years.
D.R. Thank you. I've tried to be aware of the condition of grounding surfaces as I've moved through this process so your comments make good sense to me. Splicing can be problematic sometimes so I'll ground at the most available points with care to make good contact between metals.
and if you splice please solder connections and use Heat Shrink Tape to cover back up not electrical tape. Color Coded Wiring to match harness isd available by the Meter from British Wiring.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.