• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from Central Ohio

BierRunner

Country flag
Just bought my first British car, a 1976 TR6, and expect it to arrive next week (so no pictures yet). Up to now I have satisfied my car obsession with a BMW M3 and periodically scrolling through Hemmings. I've had a TR6 Matchbox car on my desk since 1999 (the same green color I will now own) and am looking forward to the life-size experience.

My car obsession is mainly on the driving side and I frequent Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen and Lime Rock to satisfy that need. However, I am not much of a mechanic. I understand that Triumphs, while fun, can be...needy. So I need to raise my game on the maintenance side and I'm hoping you fine folks might be able to share some wisdom in that area.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
TR6 is a great LBC to have! I have a Spitfire, but would really love a TR6 someday. The TR6 is no BMW, but you will have loads of fun with it I'm sure. Welcome to BCF!

twosportscars

Freshman Member
Country flag
Congratulations on your acquisition! I think you'll enjoy the relative simplicity of the older British car which will allow you to do a lot of your own work on it. I've also recently joined this forum and the people here are very helpful on your questions. I already had one issue solved for me in the first week. Welcome aboard!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your TR6 journey.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just bought my first British car, a 1976 TR6, and expect it to arrive next week (so no pictures yet). Up to now I have satisfied my car obsession with a BMW M3 and periodically scrolling through Hemmings. I've had a TR6 Matchbox car on my desk since 1999 (the same green color I will now own) and am looking forward to the life-size experience.

My car obsession is mainly on the driving side and I frequent Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen and Lime Rock to satisfy that need. However, I am not much of a mechanic. I understand that Triumphs, while fun, can be...needy. So I need to raise my game on the maintenance side and I'm hoping you fine folks might be able to share some wisdom in that area.
Welcome!

You wouldn't by chance have been at the Glen last weekend, would you? A couple close friends are driving instructors. There was a track event they participated in.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
glad to have you here! welcome

OP
BierRunner

BierRunner

Country flag
Welcome!

You wouldn't by chance have been at the Glen last weekend, would you? A couple close friends are driving instructors. There was a track event they participated in.
No, I wasn’t there last weekend. Did they run with or without the boot?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No, I wasn’t there last weekend. Did they run with or without the boot?
In the conversation I had, it wasn't mentioned. But next time we talk I'll ask. That was a Porsche-BMW owners' event, drivers of varying skill levels. Due to that it's not likely they'd include the boot, IMO.

mgf

Country flag
I'm from Columbus, currently living in Johnstown, OH.

I bot a 1959 TR3-A (TS43919L) in 2012 & did a Frame-Off (Up?) restoration.

PM me if you want to talk.

mgf

OP
BierRunner

BierRunner

Country flag
mgf - Cool, I'm just up the road in Granville.