• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings Everyone from Chatham Ontario, Canada

Brendas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
Its a pleasure to see and meet other British car enthusiasts.

I'm eagerly working on the wife's 1978 MGB.
Currently redoing the complete front suspension, and the crossmember is being powder coated in "White" other parts in black.
Re foamed both seats which was easy, a vinyl/leather tech is at my house now, fixing a few very minor cuts in one seat.
I previously, at 16 years of age owned a 1966 MGB. My first car, and soon learned about being broke and the need to do my own repairs. By 1973 and not much smarter, but a little richer, I purchased a brand new 1973 which was a daily driver for 6 years and then with regrets it was sold. It also required maintenance and then some. Should of drove it like a 4 cylinder and not a 12 cylinder Jaguar. Now as a humble senior and somewhat retired I found this 78 MGB in emmaculate running, and body condition. The wife always liked the MG, so its my gift to her. I'm enjoying the tinkering once again, but having parts shipped to Canada and the exchange rate is reminding me of my youth. Forever under or in the car with tools and manual in hand, and always broke. The only difference now, is its by choice and not necessity.
Thank you all for sharing and providing some excellent photos, that help provide motivation to never give up
20200904_210455.jpg

Marc

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome Marc - that's a loveley example you ave there! Be sure to pop in to our MG forum hre also and keep us aprised of your progress.

Basil

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome Marc, just up the road here in Toronto. I feel your pain about parts. There are a few more local suppliers - won't help the price a lot but maybe accessibility. Great looking car!

swampyankee

Freshman Member
Country flag
Welcome from New England!
I have an affinity for your area. As we're told, my great great great (and then some) grandfather was a Hessian soldier who emmigrated to Ontario, and my grandfather's family re-settled in the Chicago area in the early 1900's. My Dad still had cousins in Canada that we'd visit every summer. I'd like to think the TR7 would make the trip up some day. Wishfull thinking!

Roman6

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hey Marc, Welcome to the site. I have found it very informative. My first British car, at 16, was a six cylinder Vauxhall Velox. It was a disaster but I learned a lot of mechanical skills. Early in married life we bought a 1965 MGB which saw a lot of Ontario on sunny Sundays. I also drove it ( top down to keep the windshield frost free) in the dead of winter to my rural teaching job some 25 miles from home. Today I live only 25 km away from you in Tilbury with our 1974 TR 6. Still shop manual in hand and many more tools than in the days of the Vauxhall. I do find pretzel positions under the dash a little more challenging now. Lol. Look forward to connecting with you in person in the future. Happy motoring. ( to Tilbury?)