• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Green Turn Signal Dash Indicator

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
My turn signal lights work fine, but the dash indicator doesn't blink green when my signal is on--whether right turn or left. Does this sound like a flasher problem? I seem to go through flashers like thin socks, so I'm reluctant to assume it's that again.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Have you checked the bulb?

OP
KVH

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
I’ve been assuming it’s not the bulb since I replaced it, and since it always blinks one time, either way. One blink, then nothing.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Do the signals also do the one blink, then nothing?

Mine had a similar habit, but not consistently. Right signal flashed just fine, left signal would start the day flashing fine then by the 3rd-4th attempt (not the 3rd-4th flash, but 3rd-4th turn) it would do one flash then nothing. In my case, the bulb in the front signal was making very poor contact in the socket. A little wiggle and it has been working fine for a few months.

If the signals flash but the dash indicator is dark, then it's either the bulb, the socket, or the connection between the two. New bulbs can be bad out of the box. But since the bulb was just replaced I'd be checking the connection first. Could the new bulb be just a hair too short to reach the bottom contact in the socket?

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Per the wiring diagram, if the lights themselves are flashing, it looks like the flasher would be the the culprit. The flasher provides on/off power to all six bulbs via one pin, and on/off power to the dashboard bulb via a separate pin.

If that’s the case, I’m not sure why the flasher units keep dying?

From http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf:

IMG_5395.png

Last edited:

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I'm gonna guess a bad connection at the socket. It might just be that the flasher seems to fail, then you replace it, and the new one works because disturbing the connection fixed it awhile. But, yes, it seems unlikely that it could be anything but the flasher, the socket, or wiring to the bulb.

I think you might find the problem by jiggling all the connections and see if moving one fixes it.

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Perhaps a ground is not connecting well. Each bulb has a ground. They need to have some paint removed sometimes to get a good ground.

steve

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
I recommend using a solid state flasher with a ground wire. My flasher issues went away after I did that.
Rod