Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can I just pop out the corks on the bottom of the carbs and replace with some kind of rubber ring or gasket I find at a hardware store? Also how do I take those corks off?
You can, but work your way around the perimeter, with thumb nails if you have them.
You'll notice the plactic fingers have prongs and the prongs kinda spring onto the opening in the carb. Without compressing the fingers from inside the float chamber you do risk hanging up a prong, I have seen the plug with a broken prong,but ultimately it is the o-ring and not the prong that creates the seal.
I can't believe how helpful this has been for me.This is my first forum, wasn't aware of how generous people were to want to help. Thanks again. The pics have made this a lot easier.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.