Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have waxstats. I removed the guts and used a penny to hold up the jets (how that for redneckin it?) i saw that trick on the web some place. but as for your question i think those lines are part of the lower needle assembly. at least i got new ones when i bought the rebuild kit.
Subsequently I learned that the little metal cylinder on the wax cartridge should have stayed with the jet so I wouldn't have needed the washers.
On the regular HS4s (pre-Waxstat) I have replaced the tubing using some odd size of nylon tubing from McMaster-Carr. (For some reason... 3/16" OD comes to mind). On those early jets you can remove the press-on brass ferule, switch the tubing, then press the ferrule back on. It's pretty quick once you have the right tubing. However, I haven't tried this on a WaxStat jet. I don't know how the tubing is held onto them.
The washers are a good idea. I was thinking the same as without them it tends to wiggle a bit. Washers help center things up. Waxstat looks like the hose is crimped in there. I need a longer piece of hose as I'm moving the bolws further back so I don't have to cut my car to install them. I have an idea though.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.