Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Any reason the tow eye (Moss 400-575) from the later cars wouldn't work on a Bugeye? I'd really like to have a better tie-down point for the front for when the shell gets towed home after paint is done.
Bolts on to where the bumper brackets bolt to the body. Present, I believe, on all square Spridgets. Often quite mangled on older cars from contact with the ground, parking curbs, etc.
Ok it's a bolt on to Bumper bracket frame horns.any reason this can 't be used with a Front Tilt kit if it goes to the inside of frame rails. Probably would need to be welded on as only room for one bolt to attach it with forward tilt kit. But could bolt on one side and weld all around. Hmmm idea on process.
Guys - just sharing experience from my pain..if towing over a long distance..best to use a strap that holds the wheels to the trailer. lets the body/suspension move without affecting the tie down straps.
Now granted, I was on a 1600 mile trip, but I had a strap over the two front rails to the floor which failed during day 2..allowing my car to roll forward and backward in the (luckily enclosed) trailer when I stopped/started, buggering the trunk handle, denting the 'boot lid', and some rear light damage.
My next trip, I ante'd up for some over-the-wheel straps..she doesn't move an inch now..
$20 at US cargo control..
I used over-the-wheel straps when I brought Penny home last year -- worked well, though that was on a purpose-built trailer. Now my need is just for the flatbed tow truck ride 50 miles home from the body shop.
Jack has a lightweight trailer for Miss Agatha and we talked about an easier way to strap it down. It's a little tough for me to get on my hands and knees and put straps over the axles. We commented on this at Brits on the Bay and I came up with this.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.