Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On the front suspension wishbone (sometimes called the A-arm), what are the thread sizes for the tubes that the fulcrum pin screws into? I make the small one to be 9/16-16 and the big one to be 5/5-16, but not sure.
Dug: Thanks for the info. Just as I suspected, it's never a simple answer with these crazy little cars is it?
I have some old A-arms laying around and thought I see what I could salvage by chasing the crud out of the threads by running a tap through. 0.650 spec's out to be right between 5/8 and 11/16 or 23/32. Probably not a size that I can go to my local Home Depot and get a 23/32-16 tap.
Send those A Arms over Peter C. and he can rebuild them for you. I've got to pull a pair off of a '67 that is being scrapped in Cincinnati in the next week or so and send them over to Peter C as well for Bugsy. Got a serious K-Chunk from LF Wheel when I hit a sewer lid. I'll have a fresh set of A-Arms to install and minimize down time especially with driving time fast approaching.
Although I must say advice like that has no place on a respectable board like this. After all, it disqualifies almost all of us. I say let the people (like me) who have no clue handle it!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.