• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Front suspension geometry

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Offline
I was sorting through a bag of parts from a roller I have that will be my donor shell, and came across some aluminum shims that were under the shocks between the body. They total 1/4" in stack height. The car is a retired race car, probably retired in the 70's. Now, why would someone put shims there? Best I can tell that might give some negative camber? Does that sound right?
 
It does give some negative camber, but also effects the rate at which the camber changes. I experimented with shimming the shocks, but it made for some weird geometry.
 
Back
Top