• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For the musicians.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We were gifted this accordion several years ago. It plays as far as I know. Does it have any value or should I pass it along to the thrift store?

David
Accordion.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - Frontalini is one of the great - old - accordion makers in Italy. Yours has value to someone, so find an Italian music group and see what happens.

(Note the photo of Marlene Dietrich on that site.)

marlene-dietrich.jpg

Just another sailor back in port.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Polka!!

Come west to Ennis TX or go north to Milwaukee WI for Polish Fest. Or to West, TX (which is actually pretty central) to the Czech Heritage Museum, The Czech Stop, or Slovacek's.

Or if you get the RFD-TV channel, look for Molly B's Polka Party. LOTS of polka bands out there, and those players appreciate the value of a good accordion.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Many groups would likely be interested. Many of my in-laws for two generations have been in "The Ukrainian Dancers of Miami". Hardly something you'd think to be likely there. Accordions are part of the culture, Macon or other nearby areas may be the same.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Accordions are also used in Tejano music. Not sure if that style reaches to GA, but it's (understandably) huge in Texas.

Oddly, Tejano is pretty big in Milwaukee as well. My wife and I call it "Mexican Polka".

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Back in 1955, I sold my little brother's accordion for $75.00. he took lessons for two years and still stunk. He was no Myron Florin or Dick Contino. "Lady of Spain". Remember?