Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Anyone have handy the proper dimensions for the fan belt? This is on a 1275 with a generator. I'm heading to a parts store after work, and would like to pick one up.
I had this number scribbled in my repair book - previous owner had wrote it in (I have a 1275 with generator) - pretty sure this is a Gates number "132058 R3" your jobber should be able to cross this, but I can't guarentee fit...
2 years ago I got a fan belt but I just brought the old one in, never thought to record the number.
Number is too long to be a gates number. It might be a 13205 and the rest is just production information. 1st two numbers are width. IIRC "15" was 3/8, "17" was 1/2 and last three are lenth 205 (20.5 inches). "13" was something, not very common but I can't remeber what it was. Maybe 5/16. Most of your smog pump belts were the narrow "13" ones. Just based on past catalog experiance, I would have to say that it should be a "15" series, however; I've never seen the width of the pulleys in question, so I don't know how wide they are.
Problem with changing width is you have to adjust lenth alittle to compensate, you you can't just substitute the first two numbers. Sometimes you can get away with it on some aplications.
With the advent of serpentine belts and most suppliers I used dumping gates years ago (different numbers), I don't remeber the old numbers that good anymore. I used to keep an old parts catlog rack at home for just such instances (a WONDERFUL wealth of information is in the backs of old catlogs so get some if you can) but I have since done away with them.
As stated earlier, they should be able to look it up without a problem.
Just called a buddy, Daco and Gates # is 15335 for the '73 Bill mention earlier.
How about a Quinten Hazel QB900? I found that one in my parts stash -- it's either off the 1275 or the original 948. Seemed to fit fine. Now at least I've got something to take in with me, in addition to asking for the proper one for a '73 Midget.
Never delt w/ QH, but if their number system is similar to Gates and spritenut says it's 900mm, I would assume that's what the 900 stands for in the part number. Once again, this is just speculation, but it sure makes sense.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.